Unclaimed. #watercolor #ink

Unclaimed. #watercolor #ink

Tags: watercolor ink
I very rarely ever sell originals, however, my buddy @b_rad_or_die and his sister @dana_anderson were recently punched in the face with medical bills after #MoabJim was diagnosed with leukemia. That fact that we are the last industrialized country to allow a family to go bankrupt when a loved one gets sick is beyond embarrassing, and while subtle strides are being made to help resolve that, the lobbyists have pretty much assured that it won’t get resolved in this lifetime. So…. I’m donating this original 18x24” #watercolor to auction in hopes it helps them out of their bind. Visit @art_collective_cause to bid. #fuckCancer

I very rarely ever sell originals, however, my buddy @b_rad_or_die and his sister @dana_anderson were recently punched in the face with medical bills after #MoabJim was diagnosed with leukemia. That fact that we are the last industrialized country to allow a family to go bankrupt when a loved one gets sick is beyond embarrassing, and while subtle strides are being made to help resolve that, the lobbyists have pretty much assured that it won’t get resolved in this lifetime. So…. I’m donating this original 18x24” #watercolor to auction in hopes it helps them out of their bind. Visit @art_collective_cause to bid. #fuckCancer

Something’s up. #watercolor #dials (at Whisky a Go Go)

Something’s up. #watercolor #dials (at Whisky a Go Go)

Reminder for those saying I haven’t been ‘myself’ lately:

When everyone expects you to smile all the time you are either doing something right or very terribly wrong. I can’t purport to tell the difference between the two anymore, at least not well enough to quote. But I am inclined to believe that if you make a concious effort to greet this cynical world with infinite optimism, you afford yourself a breather every once in a while. A moment or two to be an asshole. And so, to those who have caught me during my breathers, and let my intermission ruin the show, I offer my deepest and most sincere apologies. Now go fuck yourself. #sorry #notSorry #mask #ImTrying #tbt

Reminder for those saying I haven’t been ‘myself’ lately:

When everyone expects you to smile all the time you are either doing something right or very terribly wrong. I can’t purport to tell the difference between the two anymore, at least not well enough to quote. But I am inclined to believe that if you make a concious effort to greet this cynical world with infinite optimism, you afford yourself a breather every once in a while. A moment or two to be an asshole. And so, to those who have caught me during my breathers, and let my intermission ruin the show, I offer my deepest and most sincere apologies. Now go fuck yourself. #sorry #notSorry #mask #ImTrying #tbt

"Fall in love with her eyes. They’re the only things that won’t change." - Fortune Cookie
#afternoonScribbleScrabbles

"Fall in love with her eyes. They’re the only things that won’t change." - Fortune Cookie
#afternoonScribbleScrabbles

Sunday hat. #facialEclipse #peekaboo

Sunday hat. #facialEclipse #peekaboo

'Jesus The Homeless' a new sculpture by Timothy Schmalz, has been installed outside of a church in a rich community in Davidson, NC. Within 48 hours, a woman had called the cops on him. Yes. Someone called the cops on Jesus, further illustrating my point; If he were to return, I doubt any of you would recognize him. #TimothySchmalz #spareChangeForJesus

'Jesus The Homeless' a new sculpture by Timothy Schmalz, has been installed outside of a church in a rich community in Davidson, NC. Within 48 hours, a woman had called the cops on him. Yes. Someone called the cops on Jesus, further illustrating my point; If he were to return, I doubt any of you would recognize him. #TimothySchmalz #spareChangeForJesus

The face of a fuck-up being asked to come talk to high school kids about how not to be a fuck-up. Their faces when the advice is not only should they not be afraid to fuck up, but that the proposition of having your life figured out before they’ve lived less than 20% of it… Is absolute bullshit. Fucking up will be a huge part of the remaining 80%. Embrace it. Own it. For what you think is important now, won’t be important in 5 years. And that’s just the way of it. Then I realize all the cool kids are staring at the weirdo… And it feels like high school all over again. #fuckUpFriday #luckLovesTheKids #matadors (at San Gabriel High School)

The face of a fuck-up being asked to come talk to high school kids about how not to be a fuck-up. Their faces when the advice is not only should they not be afraid to fuck up, but that the proposition of having your life figured out before they’ve lived less than 20% of it… Is absolute bullshit. Fucking up will be a huge part of the remaining 80%. Embrace it. Own it. For what you think is important now, won’t be important in 5 years. And that’s just the way of it. Then I realize all the cool kids are staring at the weirdo… And it feels like high school all over again. #fuckUpFriday #luckLovesTheKids #matadors (at San Gabriel High School)

Hospital art. #sick (at St. John’s Hospital ER)

Hospital art. #sick (at St. John’s Hospital ER)

Tags: sick
What is time? For a long time I considered it the most valuable commodity on the planet. But after having gnawed on it, I’ve come to a much more powerful realization. You see, Time is an idea, and in that respect… Time is God. It is no coincidence that she is the first concept introduced in both the bible and the Torah, even before the heavens and the Earth, in fact even before the word ‘God’ is mentioned… There she is. She is consistently unbreakable across every life form, religion, science,and ideology man has ever recorded. She waits for no man, heals all wounds, and when we, as a people, forget the lessons she teaches us, she graciously repeats them. She doesn’t choose sides, doesn’t reinforce what different cultures consider right and wrong, but doesn’t judge us for attempting to discover that parallel, no matter how silly we may look while trying. And while my watch fetish was born in an attempt to measure her, the only real tool we have to gauge her is our heart. That’s why we call it a ticker. For when our time comes, there is no escaping her. Time is God. And she is vicious when you take her for granted. #time… New #mural at the offices of Dials… #ticker

What is time? For a long time I considered it the most valuable commodity on the planet. But after having gnawed on it, I’ve come to a much more powerful realization. You see, Time is an idea, and in that respect… Time is God. It is no coincidence that she is the first concept introduced in both the bible and the Torah, even before the heavens and the Earth, in fact even before the word ‘God’ is mentioned… There she is. She is consistently unbreakable across every life form, religion, science,and ideology man has ever recorded. She waits for no man, heals all wounds, and when we, as a people, forget the lessons she teaches us, she graciously repeats them. She doesn’t choose sides, doesn’t reinforce what different cultures consider right and wrong, but doesn’t judge us for attempting to discover that parallel, no matter how silly we may look while trying. And while my watch fetish was born in an attempt to measure her, the only real tool we have to gauge her is our heart. That’s why we call it a ticker. For when our time comes, there is no escaping her. Time is God. And she is vicious when you take her for granted. #time… New #mural at the offices of Dials… #ticker

Tags: ticker mural time